Saturday, November 28, 2009

Adrienne Kammerer










I am really excited about this one. I love her drawings! and the style she draws them in. The people are so amazing, and what makes it even better is that they are real. With that hair and their clothes, also how awkward they are(i can totally relate) how can you not love them. I can also relate to Adrienne about her art school experience, and working many shitty minimum wage jobs, and drawing to waste some time. Yup, that was not too long ago....You should check out her blog to see more of her drawings, also read the little interview I did with her.


http://adriennekammerer.blogspot.com/


http://www.nowtoronto.com/daily/story.cfm?content=172650




4 comments:

  1. I went to her show, it was amazing! I really liked the fact that it was in a vintage store as well, totally fit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally someone who gets it!!! Awesome.
    I went to the opening too, it was so crowded.
    I'm glad you liked her show, Adrienne is so great, and she makes rad drawings.

    Its such a shame that people write lame comments on the NOW site. Especially when they are anonymous, I think people get a little out of hand. I like having an open dialogue where people can discuss the work, but it seems to just be negative feedback without constructive criticism. That is just sad. So let me know what you think about it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will try and add any constructive criticism I can to your NOW articles. I think it is sad that such nice and engaging interviews would devolve into simple internet flaming. Can't wait for your next interview, your blog is one of favs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is really nice, Thank you!

    ReplyDelete