Thursday, January 7, 2010

Key Collection




Lately I have been taking alot of photos of the things I am surrounded by in my home. I especially find these old keys to be fascinating. I wonder who they belonged too and what they were for?...Maybe I have been watching too much "paranormal state" and "physic kids" hahaha. I thought I would also share something I just finished watching: Beautiful Losers It came out in theatres awhile ago, I missed the Toronto screening (I think it was showing here only once). Anyways I finally watched it online and it was really inspiring. I have been spending alot of time making things and doing things. I told myself that I want to be surrounded by people who actually do what they say they will, rather then alot of talking about doing something. Oh and I found an amazing chair on the side of the road, I am going to reupholster it with pretty fabric. I will post a before & after photo of it when I am finished.

6 comments:

  1. Very nice. I'm sorry I never saw you at that opening a while back...I didn't end up going because it was really cold out that night. I think 2010 is the year I use my time better as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No worries...It was very chilly out. You would have really liked all the work. I have a good feeling about 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm fascinated by old keys as well. I have a couple kicking around in drawers. The items they open are long gone, though I'll never understand how a key can stay in a family/house while the thing it opened vanishes. I would think it's the other way around.

    Old keys make me want to build things to associate them with. While I realize they could never lock or unlock whatever I built, the process of pairing them with an item seems to make them complete again. It also feeds my imagination.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree! Its so strange how the keys out last the objects. Especially since I tend to lose keys/lock myself out all the time. I really like your idea of pairing them with an object that you would build/make, you should do it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love your key collection. (bit jealous) and can't wait to see your chair makeover!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Karyn:) I want to come by the workroom and pick out a fabric for the chair...maybe you can help me decide? Too many cute patterns to choose from.

    ReplyDelete